samedi 10 octobre 2015

Inktober 2015 - part 1/3

This year I decided to participate to the Inktober challenge :)

For those following me on Facebook I have already explained, but for others I redo a little history, but you'll see, it's abusively simple: Ink = ink, tober = October!

In short, it is a challenge that spans the entire month of October, each day we must make a drawing in ink. It's perfect for artists like me who feel a bit lost in their business and sometimes struggle to subject themselves to work regularly. There is a constant effort of perseverance.

To complicate the challenges, I gave myself a theme: Pokemon :) it may seem a bit childish, but you know what? I don't care! And then I find that these beasties are a very good reason: they are simple, the drawing can be executed quickly, and if I want to add very thorough shadow effects I can! And if I want to go fast and do a simple drawing, it's still doable, and it's cute anyway. In short the simplicity of the design of Pokemons allows any kind of experimentation, and I can try many different techniques of drawing in ink.

I did 9 drawings for now, in fact I'm more or less at a third of the challenge, I thought it would be a good idea to do an article to sum up the begining of the experience!

At first, I started by making fairly simple designs, with a thick line on the contours:



With the third drawing what i did with the shadow... Eurk, it's ugly! :p I wasn't happy ^^ So, I started to work the shadows more seriously :



With those three drawings we enter a style that look more like a ink drawing, because I really played on the effects of  shading and contrasts. After that I felt more confident , I therefore launched myself into a more ambitious drawing for the seventh day (it was also to mark the end of the first week ^^ )


So here is the Charizard , I admit I am proud : p The whole is much more vibrant, contrasted, and I even made ​​an addition : smoke behind ( I work by copying the images of Pokémon found on the net , so far I've only reproduced models without changing anything).

After this one, i tried some new things. Like this one with reversed values:



With this last drawing I played more on graphics, composition effects , including sky spiral . This one seems less well done to me, but it is also much bolder , so very different after all :


Here for the first nine drawings of my challenge #Inktober 2015!
When I'll have a dozen new entries to post I would make a new article.




    

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire